Before I get to my Lessons from the Lane and some reflections on the A to Z Challenge, I wanted to take a minute to show you the first trailer for my book. I’ll be debuting the second one soon, along with some excerpts. You can see more detailed info about my book on my website:
So, it’s hard to believe we’re only a Finale away from the end of Desperate Housewives. It will be a two-hour episode and I hope to get a post ready with some of my favorite moments on the show by then. For now, let’s take a look at what I’ve learned from last night’s episode.
1) No matter how good the person’s taste usually is, they will always chose the worst dresses for the bridesmaids. I learned this from Renee when Lynette showed off what she was being forced to wear in the wedding. Seriously- do Brides really think those dresses look good or is it a way to make sure no one there will look better?
2) No matter how far Lynette comes, when push comes to shove, she will always go back to old bad habits. I learned this when she decided to get involved after learning Tom would be spending a year out of the country for his job. She ends up getting the boss annoyed with her, which leads to him insulting Lynette during a meeting. Tom gets offended and punches the guy, leading his immediate firing.
3) Gabby is setting the record for humbling lessons this year. Just when she makes some big stride towards humility, she always ends up going back to her old ways. This leads to yet another humiliating smackdown- lather, rinse, repeat. So what happened this week? Gabby has been taking Bree’s trial a bit too casually and the rest of the ladies don’t like it. She isn’t thinking too hard about what Bree is doing for them (Gabby and Carlos especially) until Juanita tries to blame Cecilia for something the girl didn’t do. Gabby starts yelling at Juanita until the big lightbulb came up over her head.
4) Never, ever procreate with a Scavo boy. I learned this from Julie and Susan, who are dealing with Porter constantly missing baby-releated stuff. He seems to have some good intentions about the whole thing (he’s working) but we’ll see how it all goes. Susan has already planned on moving in to help raise the baby.
5) Bree can’t win. I learned this after watching how her trial is going. They were doing ok until the Prosecution found the suicide note she wrote awhile back and are now using it to their advantage. Now her lawyer has discovered a connection to Gabby and is pressuring her to talk.
I’m really liking how this last season is playing out overall. I think there’s been some great acting and dialogue. So what do you guys think? Psyched for the finale? Have thoughts on how you want it all to end? Comment below and let’s talk about it!
Finally, I’d like to take a minute to say thank you to everyone who organized the A to Z challenge and stopped by my blog. It was a great experience and helped bring back a lot of great memories. It also really helped me to get organized and plan out things for the blog as well so I hope (despite my really bad start in May) I can keep it going. I will definitely take part again next year and can’t wait to read some more great blogs as well as keep up with a bunch of this year’s participants. Take care and see you next time!!