This is one of my favorite new shows. Check out this video to see what it’s all about:
The series returns after a winter hiatus tomorrow (1/9/13) and I can’t wait! I could be biased, of course, because I’m a sucker for anything music-related. Here are some of my favorite things about it…
1) The relationship between Rayna and Juliette. It’s your older fading star vs. the next big thing story, but they have had some great interactions. I particularly love how Juliette points out her mom used to listen to Rayna’s music while pregnant with her.
2) The music. I am very pleasantly surprised by how good Hayden sounds on her songs, even if I’m only so-so on some of the songs she’s done.
3) Scarlett and Gunner singing together. Their songs “If I Didn’t Know Better” and “Fade Into You” are my two new favorites. If you haven’t heard them yet, look them up. Trust me on this 🙂
4) Juliette’s character. She’s fun, she’s got issues and she has some hilarious comebacks for people. While I do think her shoplifting scandal is a bit silly (I doubt anyone in today’s world would freak over a stolen nail polish when there are much juicier scandals to talk about), I like her attempts to clean up her image again.
5) They’re going to feature country stars. Not to mention how supportive they are of the genre in general. I’m looking forward to Chris Young’s appearance. He’s one of my favorites. I love his song “Tomorrow” in particular.
So, what do you think? Have you been watching? Haven’t gotten around to it yet? Do you have a favorite song from the show? Comment and let’s talk about it…