Okay, I’m going to make a confession that might get me in some trouble. I am NOT a huge fan of the tenth doctor. I find him to be pretty nasty at times and he gets set off a bit too easily for my taste. Still, there are some really good episodes and moments from his run I wanted to highlight in the lead up to the 50th. So here they are…. my favorite tenth doctor episodes/moments….
5) School Reunion: This episode is a favorite for a couple of reasons. One? I absolutely love Anthony Stewart Head from Buffy and seeing him as one of the bad guys was great! I also loved seeing The Doctor reunited with former companion Sarah Jane Smith and K-9–it’s so nice to see those moments when the new series pays homage to its roots. Plus, it led to some hilarious interaction between Rose and Sarah Jane.
4) Fear Her: This episode finds The Doctor and Rose visiting London in 2012 to see the Olympics, where they come across a young girl who can make people disappear by drawing them. It was a freaky episode and I loved the way they resolved everything.
3) Turn Left: The Doctor and Donna visit another planet, where Donna decides to have her fortune read. While she’s doing so some nasty looking bug climbs on her and Donna ends up getting brought back to before she met Ten. I really love this one for a couple of reasons. One, I always like seeing Rose come back for a minute. Two? I really love the whole premise here where one random decision to go right instead of left changed Donna’s entire life. It makes you think about those little choices we make day by day and what effect they might be having on our own futures.
2) Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead: Full disclosure- I am an unapologetic River Song fan, so any episode with her is going to be a winner in my book. This is the very first time the audience and The Doctor meet her as they work together to solve an old mystery that ties into Matt Smith’s run in the future. It was a creepy adventure that had a great ending, IMO. Plus, there was some great Doctor/River Song interaction.
1) Blink: If you’re a Whovian, there are two words that are sure to make you freak out–weeping angels. They appear to be harmless, sad statues–and then you blink. Before you even realize what’s happened, you’re either dead or they’ve pulled you into another time. The latter happens to The Doctor and Martha, and it’s up to a young woman named Sally Sparrow to save the day and bring them back. She’s an awesome character and it’s a creepy and, at times, touching episode.
So there you have it: My favorite episodes featuring Ten. 🙂 What do you think of these? Do you have other favorites? Share them below! I leave you now with one of the minisodes the BBC released, The Night Of The Doctor: