Good morning!! Well, this is slightly later than I planned on posting, but I am kicking off several days of posts in the Out of Tune blog tour with 10 random things about the author. 🙂 I hope you’ll hang out for the next couple of days to get more info about the author, book, and read an excerpt! — Jamie
10 Random Things About Me
- My right shoulder dislocates all the time and I should probably have surgery, but I don’t wanna.
- I am only 5’2” and my parents and siblings are either average or tall. I often think I look kind of silly around them.
- I grew up in a country town—where the high school was next to a dairy farm.
- I adore peanut butter and tomato peanut butter sandwiches.
- I played the clarinet for 8 years, but haven’t picked it up for over 11 years. I sometimes think about playing it again and then change my mind.
- One of my dreams is to learn how to sew and design costumes. The first thing I’d make is a real Regency corset.
- I had my one and only child when I was 26 years old.
- I like the smell of skunk.
- I have what is called sensory processing sensitivity, which basically means everything is intensified for me, including sounds, smells, and social situations. It is often misunderstood as anxiety, shyness, or introversion.
- I am a certified foodie. My favorite food is cheese. Favorite cheese: fresh mozzarella (which I one day want to learn how to make myself).
OUT OF TUNE SYNOPSIS
Twenty-year-old Maggie Roads’ parents are legendary in the country music world. She wants nothing more than to follow their example, but the limelight is not reserved for singers who cannot carry a tune, let alone keep a rhythm.
When her parents tell her they are getting divorced, Maggie decides it’s time to leave home and take her future into her own hands. Moving in with Cole, her best friend and sometimes boyfriend might not be the best of ideas, but she has to start somewhere.
Their off-and-on romance gets even more complicated when Maggie crushes on her new voice teacher, Nathan, who unlocks her stunning potential. A sensational music career of her own is finally within reach, but Maggie might need more than perfect pitch to find what she is really looking for.
About the Author
Michelle lives and writes in Utah, surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. She adores cheese, chocolate, sushi, and lots of ethnic food, and loves to read and write books in the time she grabs between her sword-wielding husband and energetic daughter.
She believes a simple life is the best life.
Michelle writes contemporary Young Adult and New Adult fiction (and other genres when she feels like it).